Are you seeking a green card through a family member? Is your company planning to hire and sponsor a foreign national? Are you a foreign national in deportation or removal proceedings? Are you (or your corporation) facing criminal charges? Are you a foreign national facing criminal charge? Choosing a lawyer who is willing to fight for you may mean the difference between success and failure in resolving your case.

At Fidelity Law Firm, we believe that U.S. immigration laws should be applied fairly and even-handedly without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, religion or gender. We strive to make the government work for – not against – our clients.

Our Immigration Team Is Highly Passionate About Helping You Stay In America

We serve clients nationwide. Attorneys who practice immigration law are practicing federal law and therefore you can hire an attorney from anywhere in the country (as long as he/she is licensed in at least one State). Our team of highly skilled and deeply committed attorneys are prepared to handle your case, whatever your country of origin, wherever in the world you may reside, and regardless of your immigration issue.

Our dedicated staff will help with managing and documenting your case, completing the required forms, responding to your questions, and monitoring the status and progress of your petitions, applications or appeals. We’ll work hard to help you reach your immigration goal, whether it be obtaining green cards for spouses, children and parents, obtaining citizenship for permanent residents, or work visas for U.S. employers and their foreign national employees.

Our range of representation includes, but is not limited to, the following:

Family Based Immigration

Family immigration is available to immediate relatives and preference relatives.

Immediate Relatives are spouses, children under age 21 and parents of U.S. citizens. Once the U.S. citizen petitions for these relatives, immigrant visas are immediately available to them and they may apply to adjust to permanent resident status (if they are in the United States) or apply for an immigrant visa at the U.S. Embassy (if they are abroad).

Preference Relatives need to wait several years to apply for permanent residence, even after the U.S. citizen or permanent resident petitions for them, because the number of qualified applicants greatly exceeds the number of immigrant visas available.

• First Preference Relatives are unmarried adult children of U.S. citizens.
• Second Preference Relatives are spouses and children of U.S. permanent residence.
• Third Preference Relatives are married children of U.S. citizens.
• Fourth Preference Relatives are brothers and sisters of U.S. citizens.

VAWA – Victims Of Domestic Violence

In some cases, the Violence Against Women Act (VAWA) permits adults and children who suffer domestic violence to self-petition for permanent residence, instead of relying on the abusive U.S. citizen or permanent resident to petition for them. Fidelity Law Firm is highly skilled at documenting abuse and presenting compelling stories that lead to success in VAWA cases.

Employment-Based Visas

We can assist you in obtaining permanent residence through employment or investment in the United States.

An ample supply of visa numbers should continue to be available for executive and managerial transferees, specialized workers, medical personnel, entertainers, advanced researchers, and scholars. Our team can assist you with exploring which option is best suited for your professional experiences.

Fidelity Law Firm assists individuals and businesses deal with the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services, Department of Labor, Department of State and Consular Posts to achieve our clients’ business immigration goals. We are also highly skilled in helping employers comply with the PERM labor certification requirements. (NOTE: The law requires that the sponsoring employer pay the attorney’s fees and the advertising fees for preparing, filing and obtaining the PERM labor certification.)

We help companies, organizations, and foreign national professionals secure permanent residence through every possible avenue under the U.S. Immigration & Nationality Act and its implementing regulations.

Assistance with All Types of Employment and Investment Visas

EB-1: Foreign Nationals of Extraordinary Ability, Outstanding Professors and Researchers and Multinational Executives and Managers. Individuals in this category can petition for permanent residency without having to complete the time-consuming labor certification process.

EB-2: Workers with Advanced Degrees or Exceptional Ability in the Sciences, Arts or Business. Individuals in this category normally need a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process. The job offer and labor certification requirements can be waived if the individual can show that his or her entry to the United States is in the nation’s interest

EB-3: Skilled Workers and Professionals. Individuals in this category normally need a job offer and the potential employer must complete the labor certification process.

EB-4: Special Immigrant Visas for Religious Workers. Ministers of religion are eligible for permanent residence.

EB-5: Investor/Employment Creation Visas. 10,000 visas per year are set aside for alien investors who either invest at least $500,000 in “targeted employment areas” (rural areas or those experiencing high unemployment) or those who invest $1,000,000 anywhere else.

Non-Immigrant Visas (Change Or Extension Of Status)

Fidelity Law Firm works with American and foreign companies to secure nonimmigrant (temporary) visas for any business purpose. Whether the person is a professional or intra-company transferee, we can assist your company in finding a legally appropriate method to hire the personnel your company needs to succeed.

There is a multitude of options available to companies operating in the United States. If your business has yet to move into the U.S. market, Fidelity Law Firm can assist in establishing and staffing your new enterprise in the United States. We also know how to find options under various treaty arrangements to qualify the nationals of some countries for the special benefits of the E-1 (treaty trader), E-2 (treaty investor), or TN (NAFTA) visas.

We help secure nonimmigrant visas for foreign nationals to live and work in the United States for a specific purpose. These include:
H-1B specialty occupation visas for professional workers with at least a bachelor’s degree (or its equivalent work experience). (NOTE: The law requires that the sponsoring employer pay the USCIS base filing fee, training fee and Fraud Prevention & Detection fee.)
L-1 intracompany transfer visas for executives, managers and specialized knowledge employees transferring to their employer’s U.S. affiliate.
O-1 extraordinary ability worker visas for foreign nationals with extraordinary ability, including entertainers, athletes, scientists, and businesspersons.
R-1 religious worker visas for religious workers to be employed at nonprofit religious organizations in the United States.
TN visas for nationals of Canada and Mexico under the provisions of the North American Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA), who seek to be employed in the U.S.
E-1/ E-2 visas for investors, traders and their employees who wish to conduct business in the U.S. and their home country has a commercial treaty with the U.S. conferring visa eligibility.

Qualifying Personnel In The Entertainment Industry

P visas are available to qualifying personnel in the entertainment industry. The entertainment industry and the arts traditionally rely on performers, directors, and technical crews from abroad. The Immigration Act of 1990 requires more care in the selection of the artist and crew members and in documenting their credentials.

More than ever, entertainers need experienced immigration attorneys to help coordinate their performance schedules with the mandates of the U.S. government.

We can help secure non immigrant visas for entertainers, athletes and coaches; namely:
P-1 visas for entertainment groups and athletes who are nationally or internationally recognized and who wish to perform temporarily in the U.S. for a specific event, competition or performance.
P-2 visas for artists and entertainers, as well as their support staff, who wish to perform temporarily in the U.S. under a reciprocal exchange programs between the U.S. and their country.
P-3 for artists, entertainers, and coaches who wish to perform, teach or coach temporarily in the U.S., individually or as part of a group, under a program that is culturally unique.

Helping Individuals Obtain Temporary Visas For Specific Purposes: Fidelity Law Firm helps individuals obtain non immigrant visas to enter the United States, such as:
B-1 visas for business visitors who are entering the U.S. for a short period and who are not engaged in local employment.
B-2 visas for non-business visitors who are entering the U.S. for pleasure.
F-1 and M-1 student visas for educational pursuit at a school in the United States.
J-1 and Q-1 exchange visitor visas for participation in an approved exchange program.
K-1 fiancee visas for coming to the U.S. to marry a U.S. citizen.
K-3 visas for entering the U.S. while the immigrant visa petition is pending.

Citizenship & Naturalization

We can assist lawful permanent residents who wish to become naturalized citizens and/or who are experiencing obstacles in obtaining citizenship.

Asylum, Deportation & Removal Defense

We offer comprehensive and exceptional representation to clients faced with removal and deportation proceedings. We will exhaust all forms of relief from removal for which you are eligible, including cancellation of removal, asylum and withholding of removal, or waivers of inadmissibility.

We prepare affirmative asylum cases before the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services, Asylum Office, as well as asylum applications before the Immigration Court as a defense against removal. We also appeal asylum cases before the Board of Immigration Appeals and Circuit Court of Appeals.

Appeals & Federal Court Litigation

When the law and our client’s situation demand it, we actively sue the U.S. government and litigate immigration matters in the federal district courts. We file petitions and complaints, including:

• Petition for Writ of Habeas Corpus for clients who are unlawfully detained by the U.S. Immigration & Customs Enforcement (ICE).
• Petition for Writ of Mandamus for clients whose petitions or applications are long-delayed without sufficient reason.
• Complaint for Declaratory Review for clients whose petitions or applications are unfairly processed and adjudicated

We appeal negative decisions from the Immigration Courts (Executive Office for Immigration Review), the U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services (U.S. CIS) and the Department of State. As part of our appellate work, we prepare motions for stay of removal to help you remain in the United States during the appeals process. We also pursue post-conviction relief for clients with criminal convictions that cause them to be removable, inadmissible, or ineligible for relief from removal.

If you need help with a visa or naturalization application, a pending deportation or removal case, or any other immigration concern, please contact Fidelity Law Firm to ensure that your rights are protected.

Please visit us at Fidelity Law Firm, 6305 Ivy Lane, Suite 101, Greenbelt, MD 20770, Or give us a call at 301-242-5590.

Initial consultations are free!

Leave a Reply